Thursday, May 6, 2010

Audrey Room

Do you ever get that itch? The one where all of a sudden you feel like ripping carpet up in your kids room? I did yesterday. I don't really know what got into me, maybe I just felt so good after ridding myself (and the kid's closet) of 5 bins of clothes. The tall stack down there is what I got rid of plus another big box. the small stack is what I kept! major downsizing :) )
 I was up putting laundry away in their room when I thought "I wonder what the floor looks like under this here ugly carpet". So I picked up a corner and kept pulling until it was all rolled up. The floor under it isn't anything special, just some brown painted plank type wood floor that has seen much better days. There are 2 bad spots that need to filled in with something, but otherwise nothing that a new fresh color can't take care of. I'm really excited about FINALLY getting Audrey's room ready for her. I've been putting it off for 11 months now, mostly because I have not a lick of decorating genius in my body! I was so afraid to do anything because it might turn out really stupid. And I just didn't have any good ideas. So now I think I've decided what to do. My budget is really tight, so I'm mostly going to be thrift/garage sale shopping to get what I need. My theme is going to have a vintage flavor. Its going to be fun searching for just the right things to decorate with.

Any guesses on the color for the floor? I really hope I picked the right color (I'm always second guessing myself). Its going to be alot of work to paint the floor, and I'm sure Ben won't help me because he HATES to paint. I wish I could start right now but I'm going to make myself hold out a little longer to start painting until I can have Ben watch the kids at least ( maybe I could convince him this would be a great Mother's Day gift!!!).

Here are a couple pictures of the room after I ripped up the carpet. I can't wait to show you it all finished :)




2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how Audrey's room turns out! Will be waiting for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to a Wonderful Mama! Hope you enjoyed your special day! :)

    ReplyDelete