1. Owen's favorite word now is "poop". He loves to say it. He will say it after he's went in his diaper. And loves to yell it while banging on the bathroom door when I'm in there ( usually NOT doing that!!). He also loves to say it when he's throwing diapers away and at anytime when it amuses him. ou would think that this would mean he's ready to be potty trained but he goes cRaZy when I put him on the potty. So we will wait.
2.Our house is finally warm again. We have had 3 of the 4 motors go out in the last 2 weeks. It has not been fun being cold. Each motor has costed us about $100 each. Not fun when we weren't expecting it but we did get a very good price on the stove when we got it this fall ( about $2,800 less than what they are new) so puttting a couple hundred in it shouldn't be a big deal. It really sucks when I have to pack all the kids up to go stay somewhere where its warm until it gets fixed though.
3. I made a tutu!! It was so fun, Im thinking about making Audrey another one in a different color.
Here is where I found the directions.
4.Clint is going to be 8 this Saturday!!! I can't believe he's going to be this old! ( or that I am old enough to have an 8 yr old!!!) We are going to go stay at a hotel to celebrate ( and because its an excuse to go swimming!) I always say that God spoiled me when he gave me Clint- seriously the easiest of my children. Was always so quiet and well behaved and still is. I would probably have more kids if they were all as easy as him! I (heart) that boy!
5.Ben and I went out for Valentines Day at our favorite place. D. B. Searle's in St. Cloud. We went there on our first (actual) alone date 11 years ago. I remember how he didn't realize that you need to make reservarions and we ended up in a little secluded booth behind that bar. I remember is being soooo romantic! We have tried to go there every year but since Ben started trucking he hasn't been home on Valentines Day so we usually celebrate at home on a different night. Plus trying to find a babysiter on VD is usually really hard. We had such a good time. We went to Barnes and Noble afterwards and had coffee and browsed books. I love spending alone time with my hubby- don't get to do it nearly enough!
6. On Saturday we went t o our friends Valentines Party. The kids had a blast. They gave all their friends valentines and candy, and they made a cute Hanging Heart craft. We had a "heart" themed lunch with Heart Peanut Butter/Jelly sandwiches. Layered Heart Jellos, Red Velvet Cupcakes with Chocolate Heart Cookies, and some other yummy dishes. I ate WAY TOO much! It was all delicious.The kids love getting together to play with their friends and I love getting to visit with all their mamas that are my friends : )
7. Audrey AND Owen and both taking naps right now! A huge deal! I rarely get them down at the same time. I wish I could get all the kids to still take naps but realize that will never happen. At least they can entertain themselves for a little while when I need some quiet.
8. This is really wierd but I am running out of things to write about so I'm going to tell this anyways! I dreamed last night that I was all of a sudden full term prego and I was all by myself and went into labor. i was really scared but delivered it on my own. It was very wierd but when I woke up my first thought was "maybe Christa had her baby and thats why I had that dream!!!" I called her and ends up she didn't and wasn't close to that happening today so i maybe shouldn't have had that Diet Coke last night before bed- end up haveing wierd dreams when I do.
9. Ben's grandma called me last night and pretty much insisted that I NEED to take the kids to the ice slide over on Green Lake. I am thinking about it but wondering how it would work with the little ones. Might have to drop them off at HER house! Anyone want to go with us this week sometime?? Might be fun!
10. Winter is really starting to get to us. We have started this thing to entertain us in the evening. When we are cleaning up after super we turn the music on really I mean REALLY loud ( its a good thing we live out in the middle of nowhere) and dance like CrAzY!!! The kids love it. I'm sure I look like rediculous and would NOT want to see what I look like but it passes the time and let us get some of that energy that bound up inside us out! Our favorite song to dance and do Air Guitar to is Monster by Skillet. Although Blake is convinced that its called Rock Star.