Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our Favorite Sugar Cookies

sI decided to let everyone know our absolute fav cookies cutout recipe. These are some and delicious. The recipe came from my Grandma and we always made these growing up

Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies

1/2 cup shortenin or butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cupsour cream

Cream sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended. In another bowl mix the flour, b. powder, soda,salt together. Alternate adding the flour mixture and sour cream into the butter mixture, blending well after each addition. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Roll dough out to 1/8-1/4 inch thinkness and cut with cookie cutters. Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes- or just before the cookies beging to brown.

I also made some chocolate cutouts and they were fun too. That recipe is:

Chocolate Cut-outs

1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 egg plus 1 yolk

Blend sugar, butter, eggs and cocoa together. Add the rest of the ingredients to butter mixture. Refrigerate for a couple hours. Roll out on floured surface to 1/8 inch and cutout. ( I used cocoa instead of flour to roll out my dough) Bake for 7-9 minutes at 350F.
my FREE mixer! I love it- the color goes with my kitchen too!
Love that its vintage- not cure how old it is but its a Mongomery Ward so it must be!


It doesn't matter what I'm making the kids ALWAYS want to lick off the beaters!




The kids have so much fun "helping"

Aren't they cute?
I have a problem wanting to eat them all myself! Good thing I have lots of kids or else I probably would!

1 comment:

  1. Your cookies look so delicious - and are so cute as well, Love them!

    ReplyDelete