Monday, August 8, 2011

CRASH

Some of you might know of my wish and prayer to have a bigger house.
We moved in here when we got married 10 years ago, renting from Ben's parents, with plans to live here a year or two. Years went by quicker that we thought they would and we just kept adding to the our family with more and more kids. We ended up buying the place from his parents, thinking that we would soon be able to tear down the house ( I wanted to burn it down and be the one that lit the match!) and build a new house in its spot.

As it happens, things just haven't worked out that way and now we are in a tiny house with no money to do anything about it. And now our adding a 6th baby to the mix soon has made me feel the pinch that comes when I think about 8 people living in a 2 1/2 bedroom house.

So, there is this really BIG oak tree that is very close to our house. It has to be 200-300 years old. We've been noticing that it seems to be splitting down the middle. I've been nervous about it because it looked like it could very well demolish our house if it fell. I kinda hoped and prayed a bit that when it fell, we wouldn't be home and that it would destroy the house. It was one of my only hopes that would get me that new house.



Then, this last Friday night, after a big rainstorm, we woke to Ethan yelling to us that the big tree fell. And it did, split right down the middle with it just barely scraping the side of the house, taking a few shingles with it. I have to say I was a little disappointed that it hadn't worked the way I had hoped. But I am so very thankful that God protected our children from that monstrous tree. It could have very easily went through the roof and landed on the kids' bedroom where they sleep on bunk beds.

So now, I have to have hope that God has already decided how we will make it in this house or how He will get us out of it. He showed me that HE's in charge and I need to trust His timing. I may get a little cranky and anxious about what we are going to do, especially in the long winters we have here with all of us squished together all day, everyday. He has a plan for us and I just need to be patient and wait for it. ( if you know me at all- this is soooo hard for me) 

Thanks you, Jesus, for your protection!


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes when God does answer our prayers its just not in the way we would expect. Love your wonderful and positive attitude Joy! Glad to hear everyone was OK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog "look!" That's too bad about the tree!! So thankful nobody was hurt!! We will just keep praying for a new house for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for a different house for your growing family. I am praying for a big porch! I think God likes specifics!:) Whenever I pray, I just see you relaxing on a big swing on a porch!:)

    ReplyDelete