Saturday, April 3, 2010

He Is Risen!

He is alive!

Imagine what that must have been like all those years ago.

It is still amazing today!

Thank you Jesus for dying for my sins.

Earlier this week, I asked Blake what we celebrated Easter for. He answered " for fun!" It felt like I was just doused with a bucket of cold water! How could this 5 year old think that was what it was about. I realized then that I needed to explain the real reason for this celebration in an easier to understand way to this boy. I remembered my mom telling us about it when we were young with the "resurrection eggs" I looked for ones online that I could make. The kids were really excited to see what we were going to do with the eggs that I had been filling with odd things. Each egg held a different object that represented part of the the death and resurrection of Jesus. The boys were so excited to see what would be in each one as we read a different scripture that went along with each egg. I felt like they really understood what happened all those years ago. They're faces were so sad when they thought about how His hands were nailed to the cross when they opened the egg that held a nail. And how His side was pierced and bled when they opened the one with a sharp stick. But they were really excited when the last egg they opened was empty because that represented the grave that was empty because He had risen from the dead. Now I've been asked all different questions this week since we did it- it seems like they have been really thinking about it alot. Clint wanted to do it again when Daddy was home, so we did it this morning with him.

I hope that you will just for a few minutes think about that day. He died such a horrible death. He didn't deserve it. But He chose to do it for you and me. For all of us. Will you accept this amazing gift He gave to us all?

In Christ Alone

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled when strivings ceace!
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone! -who took on flesh
fullness of God in helpless babe!
This Gift of love and righteoussness
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied-
For every sin on Him was laid:
here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine-
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life no fear in death
This in the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!

I'm not sure who this song is written by but it brings me to tears almost everytime I hear it or sing it.
What an amazing Lord we have!

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to teach the kids about the true meaning of Easter! Wishing your family a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! This is on my agenda next year! So awesome! I remember doing this with my mom too!

    ReplyDelete