Monday, March 7, 2011

Just What We Needed

Weekend Recap

Ben was having some sinus issues that were being caused by him having an abscessed tooth. He took his second route of the week off because he was going to have a root canal. We decided that if he was feeling well enough afterwards we would head to the Cities and take the kids to the Mall Of America.The kids had been asking to go to the Lego Store for over a year. 

After he declared that he would be able to handle driving and the stress of the Mall, I booked us a hotel off Priceline. Such a good deal. $45 for a 3 star hotel. I. Love. Priceline!

We very quickly packed- I mean like in a half an hour we were all packed and just had to load up in the van.
The kids were super pumped!

We checked into the hotel and then headed to the mall. My kids couldn't believe how big it was. I mean, they have only been to the mall in Willmar maybe 2 times in there life and that mall is pretty pathetic.
The only place the kids wanted to go { and Ben} was the Lego Store. They brought their money and we let them buy something that they just had to have. Believe me, it took a looooong time to decided. Owen picked a Lego coffee mug:) I thought that we would just leave after that but Ben surprised the boys with a ride at Nickelodeon Universe. A roller coaster. Their first. They were so excited. Ben said Blake cried and was very scared and Ethan declared that it was "insane!". The little kids and I just waited on a bench and ate cotton candy. Oh, and Audrey learned how to say Sponge Bob {the character was everywhere}.
{Now she wants to watch it all. day. long.}

We headed back to the hotel and swam and ordered pizza.
The next morning, we headed to Ikea where I drooled over everything. I really wanted to get a cube type shelf. Bet Bed decided that he could make one for way cheaper, so we'll see how that goes. Ended up with a bunch of little odds and ends. The kids really didn't like the store and just kept begging to go home.
We headed home after that.

It was a short little trip but exactly what we needed with this winter so long and boring.

Here is a little bit of the fun we had:)

 What did you do this past weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I'm SOOO glad you guys did that!!! Sometimes you REALLY just need a break! Priceline is awesome. :) I love that Owen got a Lego coffee mug - perfect for him! And I can totally hear Ethan's "Insane!". Haha.
    We relaxed and played in the snow. Pretty awesome, too, I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time! I'm not a fan of Spongebob myself, I think he's a little too "mature" - or more so immature....IDK, but whatever he is I don't really care for him!

    ReplyDelete