Friday, September 10, 2010

Camping on Mille Lacs


I know y'all have been wondering when I was going to show all the pics from our camping trip to Father Hennepin on Mille Lacs.
 The answer is now!

We had such a wonderful time camping. The weather was great. Not too hot. It was pretty windy but that was a good thing because the mosquitoes were really bad.

It was beautiful. The beach was long and sandy. The trails were paved and the boys spent alot of time riding their bikes on them.
After we arrived and got camp all set up, we headed out on the trail to find the beach. It was probably a little less than a mile there through the woods which were really pretty. The kids had fun running on the beach and sticking there toes in.

Brrr...that water was cold!

Audrey went right in the water right away ( in her clothes!) and then proceeded to get caked with sand!



Ben and the boys collected so many pretty rocks on the beach. We came home with a quart jar and a couple other cups full of them!
Remains of a Crayfish
The next morning we set of on the trails to attempt to take some pictures of the kids. 


Here are a few of almost 200 I took. Hardly any turned out and the ones that are somewhat acceptable aren't the best. My camera has been having problems with focusing.




Blake

Clint



Owen


Ethan


Audrey

The whole gang



 I'm not really sure what was going on here. I was adjusting the settings on my camera and noticed this when I uploaded it to my camera. I like how Owen's finger is in his nose and the other boys seem to have found something interesting on Owen's head.

 It is really really hard to get a picture of all 5 kids even looking in the same direction, much less smiling. And then my camera wasn't focusing very well so I didn't get many group shots.
I guess I have to be happy with what I got.

Later in the day, my parents and 2 younger brothers came to camp with us. The boys had so much fun, mostly catching these..


 You might be wondering what these are...they are crayfish. And you are also probably wondering why they are catching them. To eat them of course!
Yup, they cooked them up and ate them. I even tried one and they weren't bad. Kinda tasted like little lobsters.

The Cray fishing gang.
Blake, Ethan, Michael, Clint, Ben, and Josiah

While the boys were busy fishin', my mom and I took Owen and Audrey swimming. It was so cold they didn't go in the water too far.


There were hundred if not thousands of Dragonflies everywhere at the Park. If you looked up in the sky they were swarming everywhere. It was really neat. Owen just kept repeating "dragin tchry" over and over and over!
We found one on the beach that was just about dead and Owen played with that thing for a long time.



This is an Albino Deer we saw as soon as we drove in to the campground. I've never seen one before and I guess this park has several living there. Very neat to see!


We had such a great time at this park and we will definitely be going there again sometime next year.








2 comments:

  1. That finger up the nose picture is classic. You must save it and scrapbook it...Why keep all "good" pictures? This is reality, and some day you will miss these nose picking, monkey grooming days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Will have to put that place on my list of campgrounds to visit next summer!

    ReplyDelete